Carrying gear or transporting different materials using your ATV or UTV requires you to install a new rack. Installing a new rack opens up more options to have further storage without sacrificing your front rack space.
When you look for an additional storage option to install onto your ATV or UTV, you would find thousands of racks on the market. Finding out the best ATV rack thus is sometimes baffling.
To alleviate your concern, throughout this whole article, we have put together a list of the seven best ATV racks that would ensure comfort with ease.
Here is the shortlist of the racks that I have listed down-
Titan Ramps ATV UTV Universal Rear Drop Cargo Basket Rack
•41 inches in length.
Kolpin ATV Flat Rack - 53400, Black
•41 inches of length
Black Widow Locking ATV Cargo Box
•35 inches length.
Guide Gear ATV Cargo Carrier, 300 lb. Capacity
•48 inches of length.
Enter your text here...
POLARIS ATV COOLER RACK
Kolpin 53360 ATV Front Rack Gear Basket
•38 inches of length.
Goplus Universal ATV Front Cargo Basket Rack
•36 inches in length.
Best ATV Rack
1. Titan Ramps ATV UTV Universal Rear Drop Cargo Basket Rack
This ATV/UTV rack from Titan Ramps ought to be a great inclusion to your ATV or UTV vehicle if you are looking for a lightweight rack with quality features. This particular item weighs only 42 pounds, giving no extra pressure on the ATV. This cargo basket rack uses alloyed steel material, making the basket durable and long-lasting. On top of that, the black powder-coated finishing of the basket will keep away all types of rust and corrosion, even after a long time of use. This one with the 41 inches length and 22 inches width would create enough space to keep all of your stuff. You will be able to mount this rack easily with all necessary hardware and equipment. It may require some additional drilling on the rack to ensure optimum fitting.
Brand: Titan Ramps.
- This one is lightweight with only 42 pounds weight.
- The alloyed steel material of the basket makes this durable and sturdy.
- The black powder-coated finishing will keep the rust and corrosion away from the basket.
- This one is enough large with 41 inches in length and 22 inches in width.
- The installation process is convenient and easy with all necessary hardware and equipment.
2. Kolpin ATV Flat Rack - 53400, Black
Flat racks are getting more popular in recent days. That is why our next recommendation on this list is a flat ATV/UTV rack, which is from Kolpin. The flat design of the rack expands the space so that you can keep multiple stuff at a time. When it is about getting additional space, the 41 inches of space should be enough to make you happy. Besides, the alloyed steel metalized construction of the rack would ensure flexibility. You will be able to mount this device both on the front and rear sides of your vehicle. Mounting this device onto your vehicle would not be a matter of hassle with the production of necessary U-bolt hardware. Though this one should fit the most all-terrain vehicle, you may require some further modifications to complete the installation.
- The flat design of the rack opens up additional space for keeping your stuff.
- The 41 inches of length should be enough to keep both larger and smaller stuff at a time.
- This one is enough flexible with the metalized alloyed steel construction.
- This one is mountable both on the front and rear sides of the vehicle with U-bolt hardware.
3. Black Widow Locking ATV Cargo Box (storage box)
This sleek-looking locking Cargo Box from Black Widow should be an essential pick if you are looking for a storage option that would give your stuff the maximum protection possible. The polyethylene construction of the box makes this one lightweight and durable at the same time. Your vehicle would not face any extra pressure in carrying this box. The implementation of the locking mechanism would always ensure that your stuff is safe and secure. Besides, the weatherproof construction of the box will keep all of your necessary items safe and secure in any weather condition. Another reason you should have this one is the inside cushioning, which will ensure optimum safety to your things. On top of that, the 35 inches length of the box should create enough space to keep multiple stuff at a time. Finally, this box comes with four necessary U-bolts so that you face no trouble while completing the installation process.
- The 35 inches length of the box is spacious enough to store both smaller and larger equipment.
- This one is lightweight and durable with polyethylene construction.
- The implementation of the locking mechanism will keep all of your things inside the box safe and secure.
- The weatherproof material will provide optimum weather protection in any weather condition.
- The inside cushioning of the box will keep all of the stuff protected.
- This one comes with four U-bolts hardware so that you can complete an easier installation.
4. POLARIS ATV COOLER RACK
If you are looking for a quality rack to install onto your ATV as a storage option, consider grabbing this one from Polaris to have a decent experience. This one will not gather any rust or corrosion with the black powder-coated finishing. Besides, the sturdy steel construction of the rack gives this one a stable appearance that you would love for sure. This ATV cooler rack is enough spacious to ensure additional storage. Finally, with all the necessary hardware, this one would not take much of your time to complete the installation. Before confirming the purchase, you had a better look at whether this one is compatible with your vehicle or not.
- This rack would not gather any rust or corrosion with the black powder-coated finishing.
- The sturdy steel construction makes this one stable to withstand a high load.
- This one has enough space to keep your stuff.
- This one provides every piece of equipment to complete a convenient installation.
5. Guide Gear ATV Cargo Carrier, 300 lb. Capacity (Cargo Carrier)
This one from Guide Gear should be a great tool to install onto your ATV if you want to transport medium to heavy load. This one with heavy-duty construction will ensure maximum efficiency and load capacity. This cargo carrier has the potential to carry up to 300 lbs. of weight at a time. The sturdy steel construction with the perfect powder-coated finishing makes this one strong and rust-resistant at the same time. This one comes with 48 inches of length, creating enough space to carry multiple numbers of equipment at the same time. This one with the mountable hitch would not bother you with the installation process. You will be able to complete the installation process without having any expert knowledge.
Brand: Guide Gear.
- The heavy-duty construction of the carrier will enable you to carry up to 300lbs. of weight.
- The sturdy steel construction with the powder-coated finishing makes this one strong and rust-resistant at the same time.
- The 48 inches of length should be enough to carry multiple pieces of equipment at a time.
- The installation process requires no expertise.
6. Kolpin 53360 ATV Front Rack Gear Basket (front rack)
If you are looking for a mid-range ATV basket, this one from Kolpin should be an excellent inclusion. With the 38 inches of length, this one has the potential to carry at least three buckets and multiple tools at a time. The sturdy steel construction material with rich finishing makes this one rust-resistant and durable at the same time. This one is compatible with a wide range of areas. If you are thinking about installing it onto your ATV, you will be able to do so both on the front and rear sides of the vehicle. The installation process will be hassle-free with the production of necessary hardware and equipment.
- The 38 inches of length is spacious enough to carry multiple tools at a time.
- The sturdy steel material makes this one durable and long-lasting at the same time.
- The black powder-coated finishing will keep this one safe and protected from rust and corrosion.
- You will be able to complete the installation both on the front and rear sides of the vehicle.
- The installation process will be hassle-free with the production of necessary hardware and equipment.
7. Goplus Universal ATV Front Cargo Basket Rack
This Universal ATV rack from Goplus is our last and final recommendation on this list. With 36 inches in length, this one is enough spacious to keep multiple tools and materials. Like most other quality ATV racks, this one is also constructed with sturdy steel material, making the rack flexible and stable at the same time. On top of that, the powder-coated finishing of the rack will protect it from getting rust and corrosion in any weather situation. This one comes equipped with all the mounting hardware so that you face no trouble while completing the installation. You just need to open it from the package and set it up within a minute.
- The 36 inches in length creates enough space to keep multiple tools at a time.
- This one is constructed with sturdy steel material,
- The powder-coated finishing will keep the rack protected from any kinds of rust and corrosion.
- This one is equipped with all mounting hardware so that you face no trouble while installing the rack.
Average ATV rack size and weight
On average, the length of an ATV rack would be from 35-41 inches. In some special cases, the length and the size of the rack may differ from the average size.
On the other hand, the average weight of an ATV rack would be from 20-25 pounds, depending on the material of the rack.
How to build an ATV rack
Building any design requires proper planning. In case you are thinking about building the ATV rack on your own, the first thing that you need to keep in mind is the appropriate planning. Make a complete outline of the item that you are aiming to build.
- Instead of making the rack using metal, we will be building our rack using plywood.
- Cut all of the pieces in appropriate sizes by following the design that you have.
- The next step is attaching all of the parts with another. Once you are done making the rack, it is now time to mount it on your vehicle.
- Install a mounting bracket or tool on the rack so that you face no trouble while completing the installation.
- Now attach the rack to your vehicle by using the appropriate bolts or screws.
What are ATV racks made from
An ATV rack can be made using different metals or wooden materials. The most common materials that are used to make an ATV rack are steel, aluminum, plastic, polyethylene, and wood.
You can also think about making one using your own expertise in craftsmanship.
We tend to purchase a new ATV rack so that we can have enough space to carry different tools. That is why looking at the length of the tools always gets the primary priority. On average, you would find an ATV rack with a length of 35 inches to 41 inches. Decide first whether you would go with a medium-sized rack or a longer one, depending on the types of vehicle that you have.
Most of the ATV racks tend to come with alloyed steel construction. In some other cases, you may also notice aluminum or wooden-made rack. It depends on you whether you would go with asteel-made rack or a wooden one. If you are thinking about choosing steel over wood, make sure that the material has a plain finishing so that it does not gather any rust or corrosion.
The next thing that is worth considering is the weight capacity of the rack or basket. If you are thinking about installing the rack onto your ATV, the rack should have the potential to carry at least 220 to 300 lbs weight load. A decently made rack would enable you to carry more weight than a cheaper one. Make sure that you are choosing the appropriate one for you so that you don’t have to face any trouble after some days.
An ATV rack should not have more weight. The lightweight construction will allow you to enjoy a convenient installation without facing any trouble. Besides, it does not provide enough pressure on the ATV or UTV, making your riding experience easy and smooth.
Installation and hardware
The last thing that is worth considering is the installation process of the rack. If it does not come with any installation guide, take some time to do some research to complete the installation. Besides, ensuring that you are getting all the necessary equipment, bolts, or hardware to complete the installation is also necessary.
The extra benefit of atv rear rack, you can aslo carry atv boom sprayer to spay in your backyard.
For transportation benefit or carrying your necessary instrument, an ATV rack is always there to help. Only you need to choose the right one. If you are hesitating regarding the item that you should choose, you can always consider my list. I have done some thorough research to make up the list. I believe you are going to love the experience.