Winching becomes necessary when you are thinking about off-roading or recovering your ATV, UTV, and vehicles from certain situations. When it is about winching, you might have felt the necessity of having a decent quality winch rope or cable.
When you are looking out for the best winch rope or cable, you require many considerations regarding whether you should go with a synthetic rope or steel wire. As synthetic ropes or cables tend to be more flexible than steel, they are becoming a popular option among adventure lovers.
That is why, in this complete guideline, I am going to recommend to you the top seven winch synthetic rope and cables that would make your winching or recovery experience handy.
Here is the shortlist of all the items that I have listed-
fiery red Synthetic Winch Rope 3/8" x 100' - 23,809 Ibs Winch Line Cable Rope
•9000lbs. To around 24000lbs. Load capacity.
WARN 15236 Replacement Wire Winch Rope
50 ftAmSteel-Blue Synthetic ATV/UTV Winch Cable/Rope
•5400 load capacity.
Ranger 6,000 LBs 3/16" x 50' UHMWPE Synthetic Winch Rope
•Up to 6000lbs. Load capacity.
ZESUPER 3/8" x 100ft Synthetic Winch Rope
•Up to 2300lbs of load.
Smittybilt 97704 19/64" x 30' Synthetic Winch Rope
•4000lbs. load capacity.
uperATV 50 ft. Synthetic Winch Rope
•Up to 3500lbs.
Best ATV winch synthetic rope
1. Fiery red Synthetic Winch Rope 3/8" x 100' - 23,809 Ibs Winch Line Cable Rope
This synthetic rope from FieryRed is our top pick on this list because of the flexibility and higher load-capacity that this essential item exposes. This rope would boost your winching experience with 9000lbs. To around 24000lbs. Load capacity. The 100 feet length capacity would enable you to reach any anchor point to have the optimum winching experience. One of the essential features that every synthetic winch rope ought to have is moderate chemical resistance capacity. With the UV and chemical resistant capacity, this rope would ensure that this one does not deteriorate when exposed to sun or chemicals. On top of that, the flexibility of the rope will produce more tensile, making the rope more manageable and safe.
- This synthetic rope can withstand 9000lbs. To around 24000lbs. Load capacity.
- The extended 100ft long length of the rope should make it easier to get an anchor point.
- The condition of the rope would not deteriorate when exposed to sun or chemicals.
- The flexibility of the rope will produce more tensile, making the rope more manageable.
2. WARN 15236 Replacement Wire Winch Rope
This one from WARN is another mid-length winch rope that you can try if you are looking for a sturdy item to have a moderate experience. This winch rope can essentially withstand a load of up to 2500lbs. The synthetic construction of the rope makes this one flexible enough so that you face no trouble while managing the rope in different conditions. The galvanizing construction gives this one enough abrasion resistance capacity, allowing it to last for a long time. Besides, the inclusion of the swaged loop and terminal on both sides of the rope should make the winching process handy. Finally, all the layers of the rope will ensure that this one does not gather any scratches when you are working in a rough and tough situation.
- The length of this rope is around 50 feet.
- This rope has the potential to withstand up to 2500 lbs. of load capacity.
- The galvanizing process gives this one enough abrasion resistance capacity.
- This one includes swaged and terminal on both sides of the rope for convenient winching.
- The multiple layers of the rope will protect it from getting scratches in a rough situation.
3. 50 ft AmSteel-Blue Synthetic ATV/UTV Winch Cable/Rope
If you are looking for a mid-length rope for winching your ATV or UTV, this 50ft. Rope from MotoAlliance should an excellent item to have. You will get to choose this rope in black and blue color editions. With this sturdy synthetic rope, you will get up to 5400lbs. Load leverage, allowing you to enjoy a decent winching experience. A synthetic rope may not show moderate abrasion resistance. But this rope with the 12-strand construction would provide extreme abrasion resistance capacity. Additionally, the 5 sheath construction will protect the rope from getting any scratches when you will be working on any rough surfaces. Another reason you should have this one is the electricity-resistant feature, which will ensure that you are always safe in any situation.
- This synthetic cable has the potential to withstand up to 5400lbs. Load.
- This one is a medium winch rope with a 50ft length.
- With the 12-strand construct, this one will ensure maximum abrasion resistance capacity.
- This one will not develop any scratches with the 5 sheath construction.
- The electricity-resistant feature will keep you safe in any situation.
4. Ranger 6,000 LBs 3/16" x 50' UHMWPE Synthetic Winch Rope (cheap)
This one from Ranger Ultranger ought to be an excellent inclusion if you are looking for a winch rope that would ensure extreme leverage. This one is also a mid-length rope with a 50 feet length. One of the essential reasons you should go with this item is its moderate tensile production capacity. As a result, this one is flexible enough to withstand a higher load. This synthetic rope has the potential to withstand up to 6000lbs. of load. The inclusion of the protective sleeve will be handy to reduce the abrasion level of the rope. Moreover, the heavy-duty construction with the heat-resistant feature makes this one enough stable to last for a long time.
Brand: Ranger Ultranger.
- This rope is 50 feet long.
- The production of the moderate tensile makes this one enough flexible to work in any situation.
- This one has the potential to withstand up to 6000lbs. Of weight.
- The inclusion of the sleeve makes this one enough abrasion-resistant.
- The heavy-duty construction with the heat-treated feature will provide long-lasting service.
5. ZESUPER 3/8" x 100ft Synthetic Winch Rope (costly)
If you have a moderate amount of budget and are looking for a decent winch rope that would provide service throughout your whole lifetime, consider grabbing this one from ZESUPER. This one is a long synthetic rope that comes with a 100ft length. On top of that, this one can withstand up to 2300lbs. Of weight, giving you the authenticity to get high-end leverage. This one will take care of your eye with the heavy-duty thimble and gusset. The inclusion of the casing will protect the rope from getting rust or scratches. The UHMWPE construction material of the rope is flexible and stable enough to perform better in any rough situation. On top of that, you will get to choose this in orange, blue, and gray colors.
- The length of the rope is 100 ft.
- This one will provide up to 2300 lbs. of weight leverage, making your winching experience convenient.
- The heavy-duty thimble and gusset will protect your eyes from any uncertain damages.
- The casing of the rope will protect the rope from getting scratches.
- The UHMWPE construction material makes this one more than stable and durable.
6. Smittybilt 97704 19/64" x 30' Synthetic Winch Rope (best capacity)
The impression after seeing this synthetic rope for the first time may not be great, but once you own this, you are going to love the experience. This synthetic rope will beat any steel winch cable when it is about resistance and durability. The 30ft. Length with more than 4000lbs. Of load capacity makes this one the worthiest competitor in this winch rope category. The abrasive-resistant feature of the rope will ensure that both you and the rope are safe from any uncertain situation. On top of that, the chemical and UV-resistant features of the rope will protect it from wearing away. Finally, this synthetic rope's coated layer should not make you disappoint when it is about getting protection from slippage or scratches.
- This one is 30ft. Long.
- This rope with synthetic construction has the potential to withstand around 4000lbs, of load capacity.
- The abrasive-resistant feature will ensure moderate protection.
- This one also comes with a chemical and UV-resistant feature.
- Th4e coated layer of the rope will protect it from scratches or slippage.
7. SuperATV 50 ft. Synthetic Winch Rope
Our final recommendation on this list is from SuperATV, which is a 50ft long synthetic winch rope. You will get to choose this rope in black, blue, orange, and red colors. The sturdy construction of the rope enables this one to withstand up to 3500lbs. of load. This rope includes multiple layers, making it sturdy and durable to get the optimum winching experience. This rope is compatible with a large variety of winch, making it almost universal. Moreover, the rich synthetic material of the rope will protect your hand from tearing up or the rope from wearing away. If you are expecting better service with a moderate price range, this one ought to be the suitable item available.
- This one is a 50ft long synthetic rope.
- You will get to choose this item in black, blue, orange, and red colors.
- This rope has the potential to withstand up to 3500lbs. of load.
- This one is compatible with a large variety of winches.
- The synthetic material makes this one tear and wear-resistant.
ATV winch synthetic rope vs. cable
Synthetic rope is not abrasion resistant.
Wire cables are abrasion resistant.
Synthetic ropes are lightweight and easy to use.
Wire cables tend to be a little heavier than synthetic rope.
Synthetic ropes are strong but not much as a wire cable.
Wire cables are very strong and hard to tear off.
Synthetic rope will not gather any rust or corrosion.
Wire cables may gather rust or fray after a long time of use.
Synthetic ropes are more manageable.
Managing wire cable may be tough in a rough situation.
synthetic rope carries less weight
Wire cable tends to be heavier.
What size synthetic winch rope for ATV
An ATV winch rope can be found from 30 feet to up to 100 feet. If you are thinking about purchasing a synthetic rope for winching, then it would be ideal to choose between 50 ft to 100 ft. Depending on the load capacity, both medium and longer winch rope can work better.
How to attach a synthetic rope to an ATV winch
- Attaching the synthetic rope to the winch is one of the easiest jobs to do.
- First of all, find out the eye on the end of the rope. This is the thing that you need to attach.
- The next step is attaching the cable to the attachment port. You would notice a clamp or something like that on the winch. Attach the eye of the rope on that portion.
- Once you are done with the procedure, you need to load up the drum.
- Before you jump into the procedure, make sure you have done some researches on the subject so that you face no trouble completing your job.
How to replace the cable on the ATV winch
- The first thing that you need to do to replace the old cable of the winch with a new one is to remove the old cable.
- Remove the cable from the winch by unplugging the motor.
- Once you are done removing the old cable, you may think about doing some clean-up all around the winch.
- On the next step, mount the new rope extension to the winch, and load the new rope all over the drum.
- That is it! you are now ready with the new setup.
Length:determining whether you should go with a mid-length rope or a longer one is sometimes a baffling problem to solve. That is why it becomes essential to determine whether you should be choosing a long-length rope or a mid-length rope. Mid-length rope tends to produce a little more flexibility than those of the longer one. Whatever length you are choosing, consider choosing the right one.
Load capacity: the next essential thing to consider is the load capacity of the winch rope. Most of the winch rope has the potential to withstand from 2000lbs. to around 6000lbs. of load. The mid-length rope may provide more load-capacity than the longer one it would be ideal to choose between 2500lbs. to 4000lbs.
Flexibility:One of the main reasons people choose a synthetic rope over a steel winch wire is the flexibility that the synthetic rope ensures. If the rope is hard to manage, it can never be an ideal choice at all. Consider choosing a rope that is easy to manage so that you face no trouble in the long run.
Abrasion-resistant:One of the common demerits of having a synthetic winch rope is the abrasion that it produces. To minimize the abrasion level of the rope, it would be ideal to choose an item that comes with sleeves. As a result, you would not have to suffer from the disturbing abrasion. Besides, a synthetic rope with a coated layer may also protect you from getting disturbing abrasion.
Price: Becoming too much judgmental while looking at the price can be dubious. Consider choosing quality over price. That is how you can get the optimum thing available.
Winching your ATV, UTV, or any other vehicle without a rich winch rope is tough. To get the optimum experience, don't forget to look at the rope's flexibility and load capacity.