A muffler and the exhaust system are interconnected with one another, but they are never the same. The muffler is also popularly known as a silencer that reduces the sound of the exhaust gases created by the exhaust system.
The combined effort of the muffler and the exhaust system makes the engine more efficient and productive. There was a time when vehicles tend to produce disturbing sounds, making a journey troublesome. Things have changed with the advancement of technology.
Before we compare both the item with one another, let us first learn about the functionality of each device. That is how we will be able to discern better-
How does the exhaust system work?
Understanding the exhaust system .pdf will give you some insights about the silencer, if not everything. Let us dive deeper to learn about the exhaust system first. The exhaust system of any vehicle consists of four different parts. These are-
- Exhaust manifold.
- Catalytic converter.
- A muffler connected with an exhaust pipe.
Here is how the combined effort of all these four parts ensures energy-
- The cylinder transfers the exhaust gas along with the sound wave to the exhaust manifold through the exhaust valve.
- The main function of the exhaust manifold is to transfer both the sound wave and exhausted gas to the catalytic converter through a pipe.
- The catalytic converter then comes into action. The exhausted gas released by the cylinder contains a large number of harmful gases, which can make both the system and environment vulnerable.
- The catalytic converter includes two different blocks of ceramic that work as a catalyst to purify the contaminated gas.
- After two steps of purification, there remain fewer contaminated gases like carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and water vapors.
- The contaminated gas might be less toxic now, but the high-frequency sound wave remains the same.
- In that particular step, the muffler comes into play. The purified gas along with sound waves then goes into the muffler.
- The muffler consists of multiple chambers. The first chamber includes numerous numbers of holes that cause the sound wave to flow randomly, allowing them to create friction with one another. As a result, the weak sound wave destroys. The second wave does the same process again, causing the stronger wave to destroy.
- After that, the sound wave goes into the resonator. There it creates an opposite wave to destroy most of the sound waves.
- All the rest waves then bounce back to the first chamber again, minimizing the sound frequency to the least.
- After that, the muffler releases the sound wave and purified gas through the exhaust pipe.
The whole exhaust system is a long process. But it takes only a couple of seconds to complete the whole process. If you want to great brand value delkevic exhaust is perfect for your choice.
What is a muffler?
We have already discussed the exhaust system, where you have got a glimpse of the muffler.
A muffler is a silencer that reduces the frequency of the sound wave created by the cylinder. The sound wave goes through multiple chambers before releasing the sound wave through the exhaust pipe.
- The muffler is an essential part of the exhaust system that ensures efficiency dexterously.
- Without the muffler, the exhaust system would generate high-frequency sounds that would make the driving distracting.
- The exhaust system would not be that effective without the muffler.
Exhaust system vs. muffler
- The exhaust system is the whole body, whereas the muffler is an individual organ that helps to keep the body active.
- The exhaust system thinks about releasing the contaminated gas, whereas the muffler or silencer plays an important role to reduce the sound frequency.
- The exhaust system consists of four different parts, whereas the muffler consists of multiple chambers.
- The exhaust system plays an important role to enhance the engine's efficiency, whereas the muffler's primary rule is to improve the exhaust system's efficiency.
- The exhaust system can run without the muffler, but the silencer cannot run without the exhaust system.
The exhaust system is the full body.
The muffler is an individual organ of the body.
The primary function of the exhaust system is to purify and release the contaminated gas released by the cylinder.
The primary function of the muffler is to reduce the sound Frequency created by the cylinder.
The exhaust system consists of four different parts.
The muffler consists of multiple chambers that work dexterously to reduce the sound frequency.
The exhaust system enhances the engine's efficiency.
The muffler enhances the exhaust system’s efficiency.
The exhaust system may run without the muffler.
The muffler can not run without the exhaust system.
The importance of the exhaust system
The automobile industry would be a dead industry without a proper exhaust system. The human world has seen the first exhaust system more than 100 years ago. It has evolved since then to make the life of every individual around the world great. Here are some of the essential benefits that an exhaust system has brought to human-
- The automobile industry would be dead without a convenient exhaust system. It ensures engines' efficiency to make driving more comfortable and soothing.
- The exhausted gas released by the cylinder tends to contain harmful contaminated gas that could impact badly on the environment. The exhaust system does not allow to do so. It purifies the gas as much as possible, keeping the environment safe for us. It is not altogether free from evil though. It still releases carbon dioxide, which is affecting the environment badly. Hope some ways will come out soon to make the condition better.
- The engine of an automobile is faster because of the exhaust system. It allows the engine to be more productive and efficient.
- Sound pollution could be another issue if a proper exhaust system were not present. The muffler of the exhaust system reduces the frequency of the sound. As a result, the vehicle tends to generate less sound than usual. It would be a catastrophe without a convenient exhaust system.
- Finally, an exhaust system has made the vehicle safer for all of us. We are now much safer than we were initially. We believe things are going to be much better in the future.
Note : All auto exhuast system like atv, can am exhuast system,car are the same.
The exhaust system and muffler are a part and parcel of any automobile. One cannot run fluently without the help of another. The combination of both is making the engine faster and more efficient. It has come as a blessing for the automobile industry. We hope things will not stop here. The development would go a long way to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide to zero. Think about living in a world with zero sound and environmental pollution. Soothing, isn't it?