Robbie Maddison is an Australian motorbike racer and stunt performer. According to most of the sources, he is also considered one of the richest motorbike racers in the world. Except for racing, he has performed as a stunt man of the hero in some movies.
As one of the successful motorbike racers, he is well in the world. There are a lot more things to know about this prominent racing figure and in this article, we will go through his career and many more interesting facts about him.
Who is Robbie Maddison
Robert William Maddison is well known as Robbie Maddison. He was born and grew up in Kiama, New South Wales, Australia. He is one of the most prominent racing figures in the world. Basically, Robbie Maddison is an Australian motorbike racer stunt performer.
Robbie Maddison was born on 14th July 1981 and he is currently 40 years old. Other than the two names mentioned above, he is called Maddo as well. He is 5 feet 11 inches tall guy, who did some record-breaking stunts throughout his long racing career.
He married Amy Sanders on Saturday, 7th March 2010. According to the astrologers, Robbie’s zodiac sign is cancer. His motto is “Face your fears – live your dreams”.
Now let’s have a quick look at the bio of this one of the great racers and stunt performers of the world.
Robbie William Maddison
Robbie Maddison, Maddo
14th July 1981
Kiama, New South Wales
5 feet 11 inches
7th March 2010
Face your fears – live your dreams
Early age of Robbie Maddison
Robbie Maddison started his career by competing in the national motor cross and supercross event. It was the result of his developed passion for riding and racing. He continued to learn the freestyle motor cross tricks and consequently participated in his first FMX event in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria.
It was his first participation in an amateur motorbike event and he became the winner of both amateur and professional events. In the starting phase of his career, he proved himself as one of the greatest of all times by winning Gold at the X games in 2004.
To win the Gold he had to perform 13 backflips in Australia’s wonderland. Later in 2005, he again stunned the world by breaking two stunning world records. A motorbike stunt group, Crusty Demons allowed him to break these two records.
- First, Robbie Maddison broke the Guinness world record of 221 feet distance with a 125 cc bike.
- Secondly, Robbie Maddison broke another distance world record of 246 feet by 250 cc bike and he used the spiderman seat grab trick for this.
The motto is closely related to his career and he user the motto in every race and every stunt he did throughout the whole career.
He broke the world motorcycle jumping record on 31st December 2007. On that very day, he traveled 322.64 feet on a motorbike on the 40th anniversary of Evel Knievel jumping the fountains at Caesar's Palace.
In the following year on 29th March 2008, he broke his own world not once, but twice. He jumped three times to break the record in the Crusty Demons Night of World record show in Melbourne, Australia. He traveled 316 feet on his first jump, and he was dissatisfied.
Then into the second jump, he traveled 342 feet 7 inches breaking his own world record. But he landed on his back tire and remained dissatisfied. So he jumped for the third time and again he broke the world record but this time with a perfect landing. He traveled 350.98 feet then.
On 1st January 2009, he jumped 96 feet up onto the Arc de Triomphe in front of Paris Las Vegas and immediately descended on 80 feet drop off the monument safely to ground level. Then he won the Red bull X-fighters competition on 30th May.
On the way to this win, he had to defeat the world’s best freestyle riders like Nate Adams, Mat Rebeaund, and Elgo Sato. Thus he invented a racer other than a stunt performer in him. On 13th July, he jumped Tower Bridge in London using a backflip.
The following weekend, they invented a new trick, which is under flip one-hander to the side-saddle lander. He won the best trick contest through this trick.
In March, he became the first person in history to jump the start gantry at the formula one in Melbourne, Australia. He did another record on 7th April when he jumped over the Corinth canal and became the first person to do this.
On December 31st, he tried to jump 400 feet across San Diego Bay but failed to do because of the night sky, fog, damp conditions, and reduced traction. He managed to cross only 378 feet 9 inches.
He played the stunt double role for James Bond actor Daniel Craig in one of the movies of this series named Skyfall. He jumped through a roof on his motorbike into the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey.
He rode on a modified dirt motorbike on a wave near Teahupoo in Tahiti.
He developed a special edition snow bike in cooperation with YETI SnowMX.
He played the stunt double role for Vin Diesel riding on a motorbike on the ocean for the movie XXX: Return of Xander Cage.
Robbie Maddison’s achievements
Whether you agree or not but before coming to the world of racing and stunt performing, Robbie Maddison was trained to be an electrician. But after he built his career as a motorbike stunt performer and racer, he achieved so many things.
- He won both amateur and professional events at Bacchus Marsh, Victoria.
- He won gold at the X-Games at Australia’s Wonderland in 2004.
- He broke the world motorcycle jumping record in 2007.
- He broke his own made world motorcycle jumping record twice the following year.
- He won the Red bull X-fighters competition in 2009.
- He won the best trick contest the same year.
- He was awarded a “Screen Actors Guild Award” for the best stunt ensemble for “Skyfall” movie in 2012.
- He got the “Taurus World Stunt Awards” for the best stunt with a vehicle in 2013.
The net worth of Robbie Maddison
Robbie Maddison is regarded as one of the richest motorbike racers and stunt performers in the world. According to the most trusted sources and analysis, it is estimated that Robbie Maddison’s net worth is around $10 million.
Robbie’s participation in movies
Due to his great stunt performances, he has played the double stunt role of the hero in some movies. Here’s the list of these movies where Robbie participated as a stunt double.
- He was Daniel Craig’s stunt double in the movie Skyfall in 2012. It was one of the James bond series movies.
- He was Vin Diesel’s stunt double in the movie xXx: Return of Xander Cage in 2017.
- He also appeared with a short stunt role in the movie Venom in 2018.
Injuries in Robbie Maddison’s career
This world-class stunt performer also got injured a quite few times in his whole career.
- In 2009, after jumping up onto the Arc de Triomphe, he got his hand injured while his left glove became bloody.
- He was once hospitalized with a gashed hip and punctured stomach due to a horrific crash.
- Throughout his career, he got injuries like punctured lungs, snapped anterior, fractured vertebrae, five spinal taps, a brain hemorrhage, broken neck, collar bones, and legs, a ruptured scrotum, and a torn lower lip.
Indeed, his achievement throughout the whole career makes Robbie Maddison or Maddo one of the greatest motorbike racer and stunt performers of the world.
Last Updated on April 25, 2021 by sajjad